INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2020
A two day International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management is going to be held at ISME on 27th and 28th of February, 2020.
About the Conference
Business organization today are undergoing rapid transformation intensified by technological innovation, changing demographics, altering consumer paradigms, rise of the new data economy – all against the backdrop of a constant and deepening economic integration. In the face of such an accelerated transition, existing management theories and frameworks are not always effective in driving successful outcomes. There is a need to evaluate these developments from a multidisciplinary perspective. It is vital that management scholarship evolves at an equal pace to support the economy in the face of unparalleled opportunities as well as disruption. This conference provides a platform for wide-ranging issues, which capture contemporary developments in business, management and the social sciences. The conference aims to nurture synergies from diverse ideas, concepts and collaborations among stakeholders.
We invite original papers from interested professionals and researchers to present and participate in the conference. The conference will have parallel sessions on different tracks. Keynote addresses will be by eminent speakers from industry & academia focusing on the conference theme. Parallel sessions will have paper presentations by delegates, chaired by distinguished experts representing each track.
- Pre-conference workshop on‘Conducting an effective literature review – An overview of tools, terms and techniques’
- Accepted papers would be published in a peer- reviewed journal with ISSN
- Virtual presentation for accepted papers from international participants
- Post conference mentoring for scopus indexed journals
TRACK-1: Issues in Political and Economic Environment
- Regulatory and tax implications
- Macroeconomic trends and indicators
- Circular and shared – economy issues and challenges
- Balance of Trade and External Debt
- Human Development and Economic Growth
- Issues & Challenges in Government policies
- National and International Political Climate
TRACK-2: Issues in Manufacturing, Services and Agricultural Sector
- Agility in manufacturing systems
- Labor problems associated with a large labor force
- Industrial revolution 4.0
- Economic issues in manufacturing , services and agriculture
- Impact of regulation and policy on sectors of the economy
- Human capital and innovation
TRACK-3: Issues in Management of Technology
- Strategies for sustainable business models
- Block chain technology for business
- Role of AI in Data, Learning and Education
- Application of Analytics/Machine learning /NLP for business
- Automation and workforce
- Innovation in Business Intelligence
TRACK-4: Functional Areas of Business
- Human Resources: Employee Engagement, Leadership Challenges, Technological and workforce, HR Analytics, Spirituality and leadership, Dark side of leadership, HRM in VUCA environment, and Workplace ethics.
- Finance: Influence of leverage on profitability of companies, Financial Analytics, Financial Technology, Green Finance Market, Financial Innovation and technology in the securities market, Sustainable Finance – Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Marketing: Marketing Analytics, Guerilla Marketing, Stealth Marketing, Customer Lifetime Value (CLV), Digital/online marketing practices, Fragmenting and frictionless markets, Supply chain management, Marketing to millennials and Genz
- Operations: Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Project Implementation and Control, Quality Standard Measurements, Capability Maturity Model, Sustainable Energy Management
TRACK-5: Business Excellence and Business Risk Management
- Strategic leadership for excellence
- Quality frameworks for Business excellence
- Innovation Management
- Process and productivity analysis
- Blue ocean strategies for new opportunities
- Corporate Sustainability and Business excellence
- Forensic Accounting and Risk Management
- Default risk in real estate and household debt
- Enhancing Business excellence through Business Analytics
TRACK-6: Redefining Management Education
- International benchmarking, ranking and challenges in setting up world class B-schools
- Management Education for Inculcating Entrepreneurship
- Integrating AI and ICT in management education
- Different approaches to management education-Traditional vs Modern, Formal vs Informal
- Innovations in curriculum design
- Indian case studies in management
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Selection of papers for presentation and discussion will be based on the abstract submitted. The abstract of about 300 words must include the purpose, methodology, major findings of the research and the keywords. It should follow the guidelines given below:
- Length and reference : 300 words; Font: Times New Roman; Font Size: 12 points; 1.5 space
- Title Page: Title, Author(s), Affiliation(s), Contact Details
- Abstracts are to be submitted to email@example.com
GUIDELINES FOR FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
- Spacing: 1.5 ,Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Points , Margin of one inch all around
- Title page: The title page of manuscript must include the title of the theme, names of authors including the corresponding author, affiliations, keywords (maximum 5), phone numbers & email.
- References: APA formatting style. All tables, charts and graphs should be given on separate sheets with title.
- Paper must have not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere an undertaking to this effect should appear in the cover letter / email.
- Abstracts and full paper are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
DATES TO REMEMBER
|Abstracts Submission||20th December 2019|
|Abstract Approval||26th December 2019|
|Full Paper Submission||25th January 2020|
|Registration closes on||31st January 2020|
|Conference Date||27th & 28th February 2020|
|Academicians (with publication)||Rs 2000|
|Industry/Corporate delegates (with publication)||Rs 2500|
|Industry/Corporate Delegates||Rs 2000|
|Research Scholars/Students (withpublication)||Rs 1000|
|Research Scholars/Students||Rs 500|
|Foreign Delegates||$ 100|
- For registrations visit https://isme.nopaperforms.com/
- Registration fee includes Tea, Snacks, Lunch and Conference Kits.
- Limited Accommodation available
|Mr. Nitin Garg||Director, ISME|
|Dr. Anand Joshi||Mentor, ISME|
|Dr. Rony Kurien||Dean, ISME|
|Dr. Shampa Nandi||HOD, ISME|
|Dr. Swarnalakshmi U
|Dr. M Ramesh Kumar
|Prof. Sudindra VR
|Prof Shurlly Tiwari
International School of Management Excellence 88, Chembanahalli, Near Dommasandra Circle, Sarjapura Road, Bangalore Karnataka,
India – 562125
Dr. Prasanna Chandra,has over three decades of teaching experience in postgraduate and executive education programmes. He was the former Director of Centre for Financial Management. He was a Professor of Finance at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore for nearly two decades. He was a Visiting Professor of Finance at Southern Illinois University, USA for two years. He was appointed as a member of several committees including the Capital Issues Advisory Committee, the High Powered Committee on Insurance Sector Reforms, and the SEBI Committee on Derivatives. He has served on the boards of a number of organizations including Power Finance Corporation, Unit Trust of India Investment Advisory Services Limited, Inter-Connected Stock Exchange of India, Bangalore Stock Exchange Limited etc. among others. Including Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, he has published seven books—and has authored 70 articles in professional journals and business periodicals. He has received several honours including the Best Teacher Award from the Association of Indian Management Schools.
Dr.Anand joshi A pioneer in Institution Building and in Academic Leadership roles in the capacity of Founding Pro Chancellor at Atmiya University, Rajkot, promoted by Swaminarayan Trust and Founding Vice Chancellor CMR University Bangalore.
Prior, Dr.Joshi served in Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Textiles, Govt of India, Welingkar B-School in Bangalore and was Advisor(Education) to Azim Premji Foundation.
Currently Dr. Joshi is Advisor to International Skill Development Corporation, a London based multi-national Learning & Development Organization. He is also on Statutory Boards and Advisory committees, including Ministry of Personnel & Public Grievance, Govt. of India, Kerala State Higher Education Council (KSHEC), Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI), Advisor(Education)Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Mumbai, Lavasa Corporation, Pune and ISME-B School.He has taught at reputed institutes such as ICAI, ICSI, and ICWAI.
Dr Joshi has to his credit Case Study publications in ‘Harvard Business Publishing’ and ‘Richard Ivey School of Publishing’ and receives royalty. Several of his articles have been published in the “Speaking Tree” of Times of India and the ‘Times Higher Book 2014’. he has delivered more than 125 keynote addresses at national and international seminars and conferences including IIM-B and IIM-Trichy. An eminent educationist, he often shared his thoughts on education at Doordarshan Kendra, Bangalore and regional channels.
Dr. Joshi holds Post Graduate degrees in Commerce, Management and Law apart from Doctorate in Management.
Dr.Jayasankaran is a rare combination of educator, scholar, and administrator and institution builder. He is professor emeritus and advisor to NMIMS and VIT. He is the Former Vice-Chancellor of Kanchi University and former director Bharathidasan Institute of Management. He is also the founder and secretary of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society of India. He is a core member of several higher education accreditation boards in India As a very senior assessor in NAAC he has assessed and accredited many well-known Universities in India including the University of Mumbai, University of Pune, University of Jammu, Symbiosis, Bharathiya Vidyapeeth, DY Patil, Pune, Rajagiri Vidyapeeth, Kochi apart from well-known autonomous and affiliated academic institutions. Dr. N.Jayasankaran has widely traveled across the globe and was instrumental in making Indian Ethos and Values in Management that consists of both theory subjects as well as practical aspects like yoga, vipassana, and meditation, as a compulsory subject in the management department of the Universities as member of the UGC’s Curriculum Development Committee. Dr.Jayasankaran enjoys being with students, and leaves no stone unturned to motivate, mentor and instill high ethical values in them. In his own words, he best describes himself as a teacher and educator first before any other role in academia.
Ms.Gayathri Kalia is unique in her experience that spans the public sector , the NGO sector and private sector . She was the former Head of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana(DDUGKY), the largest inclusive skills program of GOI . Amongst her many pioneering initiatives was the initiatiation of the country’s first ever Government Electronics Benefits Program which significantly informed Aadhar and Direct Benefits Transfer as we know today. In her work as a civil servant or a leader in CRY or tacking issues of child trafficking or as an adviser to Ernst & Young , Ms. Kalia’s work has been to bring together multiple stakeholders , technology and process innovation to address the worlds’ persistent wicked problems . She currently works as mentor to social enterprises and farmer producer organizations.
Ms. Malavika Harita is a corporate leader, entrepreneur, mentor and teacher. She is the founder of Brand circle –A consultancy firm in the areas of Digital Communication, Business Storytelling, Mentoring Start-ups, Women Entrepreneurs and Corporate Leaders. In her previous avatar, Malavika founded and ran Saatchi & Saatchi Focus in India for 25 years. Malavika was one of the first Gurukul Chevening Scholars, selected by the British Government for a special program at the London School of Economics. Malavika is the first woman to win the Distinguished Alumni Award from IIM Bangalore She is a member of the advisory board of the NSRCEL of IIMB, where she is actively involved in mentoring start-ups in the profit and non-profit sectors through structured programs. She is on the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Management, Vishakapatnam, on the Governing Council of Mount Carmel College and on the Advisory Board of the NSRCEL of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. Malavika teaches Marketing and Communication at various post-graduate institutes of management and communication in India and abroad. She has been doing this for the last 25 years because she believes that sharing knowledge is the only way to learn.
Dr.Manoj Varghese is currently Managing Partner of Milliard Reves Advisory, a Strategy, People, and Process consultancy firm. He was earlier Director of Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Kochi and was one of the first employees at Facebook India tasked with the job of setting up Facebook India operations as the Director. Before Facebook, he was the Director and Head of HR for Google Japan and the Asia Pacific. He also worked at Dell, Infosys, and Maruti in Staffing and Organizational Development. Dr. Varghese holds a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering degree from Regional Engineering College (NIT) Calicut, MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur and Ph.D. in Business Administration from Aligarh Muslim University. He is currently a visiting faculty at IIM K and has taught several Management Development Programs at IIM A, IIM K, and many top business schools. His areas of interest are Strategy, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, and Business Analytics.
Agenda on 27th,28th Feb 2020
8th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management