A two day International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management was held at ISME on 22nd and 23rd of February, 2019 .
About the Conference
The changes faced by modern day business are distinctly different than those of past years. The world is undergoing change and facing challenges on various fronts for the growth and development of the country and making it a better place. Some of the issues are to promote sustainable agriculture by adopting efficient business models for achieving food & nutrition requirement, creating new jobs to provide opportunity for the unemployed & the millennial who will seek employment in coming years.
The macro environment factors such as political economy affecting global economy are playing a key role in the world of business. The backlash against globalization as witnessed after Donald Trump’s new trade barriers and trade wars with China and the rest of the world, rising crude oil prices, the US Fed’s series of rate increases are a few examples.
Conversely, the micro-environment is also significantly influencing the macro-economy. For instance, the tech startups and disruptive technologies are redefining the macro-economic environment. Disruptive innovations due to internet have redefined the trade and business through e-commerce, digital payments and new ways of delivering products and services.
The challenges faced by the modern day business today are radically different and very complex compared to the past. There is a paradigm shift across all sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, and service spheres in the face of digital disruption. Given this scenario, business needs dramatic transformation in order to tackle larger sustainability related issues such as, shifting demographics, rural-urban digital divide and global warming
The dynamic nature of Technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine learning, Internet of Things, and Robotics is bringing in significant changes in our lives. These new technologies will transform every functional area of business and help us manage resources more efficiently and sustainably. Organizations need to have new business models to seize the opportunities offered by these new technologies.
It is in this context, ISME is organizing an International Conference on “Contemporary Issues in Management” which would be providing a platform for academicians, thought leaders, research scholars, entrepreneurs and industry professionals to share ideas, deliberate and generate new knowledge
The 7th International Conference at ISME was conducted in association with AIMS – Association of Indian Management Schools.
Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) is a networking body of B-Schools in for professional development of management education and safeguarding the interest of its members in India. AIMS today comprises of members from many top class institutes like IIMs, ISB, management departments of Universities etc. AIMS conducts and sponsors a number of FDPs, conferences, case writing, research programmes/ projects.
TRACK-1: Issues in Political and Economic Environment
- Changing role of World Bank/IMF/WTO/BRICS/RBI/ IRDA/SEBI
- New international trade barriers and its impact on global trade
- Changes in currency exchange rates and its impact on business
- New regulation of financial markets
- Changing bankruptcy laws
- Simplification of taxes
- Issues & Challenges in Export/Import policies
- Issues & Challenges in Green technology & protecting climate
TRACK-2: Issues in Manufacturing, Services and Agricultural Sector
- Future potential in Manufacturing, Services & Agriculture Sectors
- Opportunities and challenges in the Global Supply Chain Management
- Innovations in Product, Process, Production and Logistics Infrastructure
- Issues of Skill Development
- Global workforce migration
- Technology enabled services
- Agri business & Rural Management
TRACK-3: Issues in Management of Technology
- Unique Identification of Citizens (like Aadhar Card in India) and its business potential
- Mobile Governance
- Data protection and data privacy, Data localization
- Digital payments, crypto currencies and block chain
- Cyber Crime
- Digital infrastructure and Smart Cities
- ICT Initiatives in Agriculture in India
- Machine to Machine (M2M) Communication and machine learning
- Artificial Intelligence as a business enabler
- Data Analytics for business growth
- Disruptive technologies and startups
TRACK-4: Functional Areas of Business
- Human Resources: Management of the millennial workforce, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Sustainability, Using Analytics for Talent management, Increasing Diversity and Inclusion, Sexual Harassment in the workplace
- Finance: Financial literacy, Fin-Tech, Crowd funding, Mergers and Acquisitions in Tech enabled businesses, Evolution of Green Accounting and Cloud Accounting – Emerging Trends, Challenges of NBFC’s in the current scenario
- Marketing: Social Media Marketing, Viral Marketing, Guerilla Marketing, Experiential Marketing, Personal branding, Marketing analytics to identify return on investment, Green Marketing, Influencer marketing, Leveraging Technology in Marketing
- Operations: New Operations & Quality Management Challenges in the context of Smart machines and reduced product life cycles, Environmental Management Systems, Energy Management
- Case studies on emerging challenges in specific industries.
Guidelines for full paper Submission
- Spacing: 1.5
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12 Points
- Margins: One inch all around
- Page numbering: Consecutively numbered pages
- Title page: The title page of manuscript must include the title of the theme, author’s name, affiliations, keywords (maximum 5), phone numbers & email.
- References: Authors to follow American Psychological Association (APA) Style to refer.
- All tables, charts and graphs should be given on separate sheets with title.
- Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at bottom.
- The endnotes, italics, and quotation marks should be kept to the minimum.
- Paper must have not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere or be currently under any other review. An undertaking to this effect should appear in the cover letter / email.
- Name of the author(s) should appear only on the title page. All correspondence will be ad dressed to first author in case of joint submission
- Abstracts and full paper to be submitted to email@example.com
|Research Scholars/Students||Rs 500|
|Research Scholars/Students (with ISBN publication)||Rs 1000|
|Industry/Corporate Delegates||Rs 2000|
|Academicians (with ISBN publication)||Rs 2000|
|Industry, Corporate delegates (with ISBN publication)||Rs 2500|
Click on the link below to complete Registration form and Register
|Conference Committee||Director, ISME|
|Dr Ramesh G Tagat||Mentor, ISME|
|Dr Anand Joshi||Mentor, ISME|
|Dr Swaroop Reddy||Dean, ISME|
|Dr Bijoy Mishra||Principal, ISME|
|Dr Anju Kumar||Professor, ISME and Conference Convener
Phone: 080 2801119
|Prof Joydeep Dass||Faculty, ISME and CoConvener
Speakers at The Conference
Dr. Bhimaraya Metri, Director, IIM Tiruchirappalli is a distinguished academician, renowned teacher, notable researcher and an astute administrator. An outstanding leader of management education, he has performed key leadership roles at many premier management institutes and corporate in his remarkable career.
Dr Nandimath is the Registrar of NLS, Bangalore. He practised Law till 1997. He was a Lecturer at the G.K. Law College, Hubli during 1996-1997. He was a Visiting Faculty at K.L.E. Society’s Management School in Hubli. He joined the Law School as a Lecturer in 1997, was promoted as Assistant Professor in July 2001, Associate Professor in October 2006 and Professor of Law in October 2009
Dr. Anil Rao Paila, Sr. Dean & Director of WeSchool, Bangalore is a Chartered Accountant by profession and was awarded “The Chitragupta Award” for his outstanding performance in Management Accounting by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi. Dr. Anil Rao, in his current role spearheads the operational and strategic aspects of WeSchool, Bangalore
Dr S K Prasad, Professor, School of Management Studies REVA University Dr. Prasad worked as Distinguished Professor and Chief Mentor at GITAM University, Bengaluru Campus. Dr. SK Prasad is a Post Graduate in Business Administration (MBA) and holds a Doctorate in Management discipline. Dr. Prasad has over 32 years of teaching, research and administrative experience .of which close to 20 years in the roles of Principal/Dean/Director in reputed institutions and new generation private universities in South India
Dr Narayan Reddy, is the Group Director of Sanskrithi Group of Institutions, Puttaparthi, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
He is currently the Treasurer at AIMS
A.N. Chandramouli, is a Founder Director of AASSC, representing BCIC-Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce where he served as President. He conceived the idea of setting up a National Skill Council for Aerospace & Aviation, when he was Vice President of BCIC in 2012. Since 2010, Chandramouli is the Managing Director of Starrag India, and its Board member since June 2017; Starrag is a Swiss MNC in High end machine tools of 15 decades heritage.
Ratnesh kumar, currently is the CEO of Japan Metal Co. Ltd., Nagoya, Japan & Director of Japan Metal Building Systems Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India .Indo-Japan Joint venture, the leading Service Provider and Manufacture of Metal building, Metal roofing services in construction industry in India.a
MARIO ANDRES RODRIGUEZ, He is from Colombia, living in Bangalore for the past 6 months. He is an Electronic Engineer graduated from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota and MBA from INALDE Business School. Currently he is the Global Director for Solution Architecture & Delivery Center in Bangalore, responsible for ensuring the right solution design for all the global projects and the delivery of Finance and Procurement projects in ABInBev.
Some glimpses of the Conference