ISME is offering the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) approved by AICTE, a doctoral programme in different management disciplines and functional areas. The programme aims to nurture scholars to develop innovative research skills and knowledge in advanced management disciplines (Finance & Accounting, Economics, Human Resource Management, Information Technology & Systems, Marketing, Operations Management and Strategic Management).
The program has been specially designed to cater to the scholarly needs of working executives / managers / faculty members / research scholars / entrepreneurs. The objective is to develop scholars for higher level careers in management research and teaching practice, consulting, training and development & new business creation.
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a national-level council for technical was set up in November 1945 as an apex advisory body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner. And to ensure the development, as stipulated in the National Policy of Education (1986), AICTE was vested with:
- Statutory authority for planning, formulation, and maintenance of norms & standards
- Quality assurance through accreditation
- Funding in priority areas, monitoring, and evaluation
- Maintaining parity of certification & awards
- The management of technical education in the country
International by Credentials and Culture
Academic partnerships with leading international educational establishments like University of North Carolina, Pembroke, University of Newcastle, Australia, University of Applied Sciences, Germany, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA, Carleton University, Canada, Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), and Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) will create international exposure and value for scholars.
Faculty with International Exposure
- All faculty at ISME bring with them an international exposure, either by having studied abroad in leading universities or having worked in multinational corporations.
- Qualified Research Mentors with research degrees from IIT, IIM and other prestigious institutions.
- Faculty with extensive research experience with publications in ABDC and Scopus indexed Journals.
Driven by Excellence
National Grants and Sponsors for ISME
- ISME is one of the very few colleges which organizes AICTE – ATAL sponsored Faculty development programs on research areas. Over 200 students and faculty across India participated in the five day long program organized on “Essentials of Research”. The quality of the program was highly appreciated.
- All India association for management colleges (AIMS) have sponsored ISME for conducting their 10th International Conference on “Contemporary Issues in Management”.
ISME Grants to Promote Research
- Full-time fellow selected for fellowship program in management will be appointed as Lecturer and provided a stipend Rs 25,000 per month during I and II year. Stipend will be increased based on the performance from third year.
- In order to prepare candidates for academic careers, full time fellows will be assigned with teaching, academics and research duties during the tenure of fellowship.
Awards of Eminence for ISME as a Top B-School
- ISME was awarded the Top B-School for Academic Excellence 2022 at the 65th Annual Award Ceremony’ of Bangalore Management Association (BMA).
- Ranked 34th all India by Times of India B-School Ranking (2021).
- Ranked 4th Top B School of Super Excellence, CSR ranking 2021.
Corporate Centric Approach
- The institute undertakes industry focused research to develop scholars to make an impact in academia as well as in the international business environment.
- Strong integration with the corporate world right through the duration of the program through Industry conferences, panel discussions and guest lectures on industry relevant topics.
Value Added Courses
- ISME offers an additional and unique research oriented value added courses to assist scholars in conducting applied research work. The courses offered are around research software (R/Python), research proposal, research methodology and conversion of ideas into research.
Vibrant Campus Life
- ISME has a modern on-campus residence for boys and girls. It features an open air amphitheatre, basketball and other sports facilities with round the clock security.
- Access to library with latest journals and membership to IIM, Bangalore Library and online access to British Council.
- Scholars can visit the campus anytime to meet their guides and to attend workshops and seminars organized by research department and use lab, library and hostel facilities.
The program constitutes of three phases as indicated below:
Phase 1 – Research Idea Evaluation and Enrolment
Phase 2 – Course Work, Research Proposal Validation and Approval
Phase 3 – Thesis Preparation and Submission
Phase 4 – Evaluation and Certification
Course study/ credit requirements in partial fulfilment of the Fellow Program are as prescribed below Credit Requirement.
|Particular||Code No.||Course Title||Credits|
|Module 1||FP01||Research Methodology||3|
|FP04||System Approach to Management||3|
|Module 2||FP05||3 Stream specific Course of 3 credits each||3|
|FP06||Credit Seminar (General)||3|
|Module 3||FP07||Credit Seminar (Specific)||3|
|FP08||Review Paper Based on the literature on the Thesis related topic||3|
Value Added Courses*
Soft Skills: Academic leadership and management
Communication: Research Presentation Skills
Software Tools: Advanced Microsoft word, Advanced Excel, R/Python, Reference Management tools like Zotero, Mendeley
Research Skills: Converting an ideas into research, Research Proposal writing, Research methodology, Case study development.
DR. RONY G KURIEN
B.Sc., MBA, Ph.D.
Over 3 decades of work experience in Australian Trade Commission, multi-national companies and head of academic institutions.
DR. SHAMPA NANDI
MSc, MBA and Ph.D. (IIT Dhanbad)
Teaching experience in USA and India. Over a dozen research publications in international journals and has won several awards.
DR. SHYAM PRASAD
BSc, MMM, MBA, Ph.D., NET
Over 3 decades of experience in senior leadership in the industry and as a senior professor in academia. Widely travelled and is an avid researcher.
DR. M S ANNAPOORNA
DR. NISHA MARY THOMAS
DR. M. RAMESHKUMAR
BSc (Marine), PhD in Management. NET, SLET, KSET.
Over 13 years of experience in academics, research and in recruitment industry. Published several papers in national and international journals.
Doctoral Students with Dr. Rony G Kurien, Dean, Dr. J. Meena Kumari, HOD – Research, Dr. Shampa Nandi, HOD – PG Program, and other Research Guides.
- The current scholar at ISME with corporate background are working in Infosys, Accenture, Dell, Qcrete Ready Mix India, Reserve Bank of India, Indegene, HCL, and Karnataka Industrial Area Development Authority. The average experience of scholars with corporate background is around 14 years.
- The scholars with academic experience are working in institution like Welingkar Institute of Management, Amity Business School, Jain University, New Horizon and M S Ramaiah. The average experience of scholars with academic background is around 12 years.
Admission to the FPM at ISME is highly competitive. The admissions team reviews application on an individual basis looking at both quantitative and qualitative aspect of an applicant’s professional and academic background. An elaborated selection process is followed to ensure quality enrolment.
- a) Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering and Technology/ Management/ Economics/ Social Science/ Biological Science/ Pure Science/ Commerce/ Humanities with FIRST CLASS shall be considered for admission to Fellow Program.
- b) Those appearing for their final examination in the respective discipline can also apply. Such students if selected shall be provisionally admitted provided they complete all requirements in obtaining their Master’s Degree before 30th September of the year of admission.
- c) The admission of these candidates shall remain provisional until they produce the mark sheet proving that they satisfy the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year mark sheet is 31st December.
Stage 1: Complete Application Form (Online)
Every applicant seeking admission to ISME needs to complete the Application Form, attach the required documents (including 500 words write-up about proposed research area) and submit the entire application to ISME’s Admission Office.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (Online / Face to face)
Shortlisted applicants called for a personal interview with a panel of experts from ISME.
Stage 3: Admission Decision
Based on the review of the application, quality of submitted proposal and the recommendation of the interview panel, the admission committee invites selected students for admission to the program. Admitted candidates are sent the Admission Offer letter. The admission would be final only after the receipt of confirmation of Admission Acceptance from the candidate and the payment of the registration fee.
Fee once paid is non-refundable. Admission will be confirmed only when the application is fulfilling all requirements from AICTE.