English for all- Series 4
- Contractions: Avoid contractions in formal letters like “I’m, You’re, Isn’t, Aren’t” however, contractions are fine when quoting someone e.g “I’m not sure I’m in favor of what you’re proposing”
- Contrast: Use contrast with not contrast to
- Cooperate/Coordinate/Coordinator– The hyphens are left out
- Dates/Time: The correct format is “Friday 29th July 2011”
- Different: Use different from and not different than or different to
- Disinterested: Impartial unbiased or lack of interest, he or she is uninterested.
So, many more to follow.