English for all-Series 3
- Advise: To provide information or guidance
- Advice: Guidance given or received, (a noun, not a verb)
- Alternate: To switch between two or more options; every second one.
- Alternative: Different or other option; different from what is normally done.
- Compliment: To congratulate; an expression of praise
- Complement: To add to; that which completes
- Its: Singular ownership where gender is nonexistent (or unknown)
- It’s: Abbreviated form of “It is”
- License: To grant permission or to authorize
- Licence: A certificate or formal permission to do something
Many more to follow in the coming weeks.