POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT (Decision Science) – FULL TIME
AICTE Approved, NBA Accredited, Equivalent to MBA by AIU
ISME’s “Post Graduate Diploma in Management” (PGDM) – is an AICTE approved, NBA Accredited two-year full time program.
The PGDM – Decision Science at ISME is a collaborative program with Mu Sigma, the world’s leading global Analytics company. With a balanced combination of in-class room learning and Onsite Training at Mu Sigma Bangalore office campus the course will enable on-the-job learning through guided mentorship and hands on experience on live projects.
- Major Specializations: Decision Science
- Minor Specializations: Digital Marketing, FinTech, People Analytics, Risk Management
- International Study Trip to Singapore
- Optional International Courses: Summer School, London School of Economics (LSE) UK
The highlights of this program are:
- Get placed at Mu Sigma on the very first day of the PGDM program with a high salary after completing PGDM
- Save two years of your career and directly get promoted to 3rd Year in Mu Sigma
- Application based in-class room learning at ISME Campus
- Onsite Training at Mu Sigma Bangalore office campus
- On-the-job learning through guided mentorship
- Hands-on experience on solving real-life business problems through Live projects at Mu Sigma
International by Credentials and Culture
- Summer Program at London School of Economics (LSE), UK
- Experiential learning trip to Singapore
- 2-week summer program at Carleton University, Canada
- Unique opportunity to learn through a global Business Strategy Game designed by a professor from the University of Alabama, USA
Faculty with International Exposure
All faculty at ISME bring with them a rich repertoire of international experience and exposure, either having studied abroad or having worked for various multinational companies.ISME boasts of faculty from leading tech companies such as Deloitte, Accenture, Oracle, Flipkart and others.
Driven by Excellence
Awards of Eminence for ISME as a Top B-School:
- Ranked 34th all India by Times of India B-School Ranking (2021).
- Ranked 3rd best B School of Eminence in India by Competition Success Review in 2019.
- Ranked 27th Best B-Schools in India by Business India, 2020.
- Recipient of Best ROI since 2006.
- Ranked 3rd Top Emerging BBA Institute by Times BBA Education Ranking Survey 2021.
Corporate Centric Approach
Strong integration with the corporate world right through the duration of the program:
- MoUs with leading digital businesses in EduTech, FinTech, FoodTech, e-Commerce, HealthcareTech, etc. to enhance employment & internship opportunities for our students.
- Industry conferences, panel discussions and guest lectures on industry relevant topics
- Incorporating corporate inputs in the course curriculum design process
- An immersive 8-10 weeks full-time summer internship program with various corporates and industries
- Multiple on-campus and off-campus recruitment events with 100+ companies for placements
Placement Centric Coursework
The coursework for this program has been developed by experts coming from leading digital companies such as Paypal, Flipkart, HP, Accenture, Deloitte, Swiggy, etc. and from leading academic institutions such as IIM Bangalore.
ISME has pioneered the concept of offering Placement Oriented Value Added Term (POVAT) that enables students to integrate their learning and be better prepared for opportunities in their corporate world.
To strengthen the integration with industry, students also have the option to specialize in industry minors such as EduTech, FinTech, FoodTech, e-commerce, HealthcareTech, and more.
Student Focused Campus Life
World class infrastructure
A state of the art modern Wi-Fi enabled on-campus residence for boys & girls. It features an Open-air Amphitheatre, Cafeteria, Basketball court, Badminton court, Table Tennis table and other sporting facilities with round the clock security.
Life Beyond Academics
For the development of a holistic personality in a nurturing environment, we have various extra-curricular clubs such as Academic Club, Social Club, Sports Club, Literary Club and co-curricular clubs such as Finance Club, HR Club, Marketing Club and an Entrepreneurship Cell.
Mu Sigma is one of the global leading pure play Analytics company providing data driven solution to complex business problems. Having 140+ Fortune 500 clients, it provides business solution across various industry like Airlines, Food & Beverages, Commercial Banks, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Telecom etc.
Decision Science is the art of data driven insight generation for informed business decision making by leveraging the skills of Data Mining, Data Science and Business Analytics
- According to Clive Humby – “Data is the new oil. Like oil, data is valuable, but if unrefined it cannot really be used. It has to be changed into gas, plastic, chemicals, etc. to create a valuable entity that drives profitable activity. so, must data be broken down, analysed for it to have value.”
- “The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.” — Carly Fiorina
- “Discovering things about people through their data was a really a cool thing.” — Caitlin Smallwood
- “Information is the oil of the 21st century and analytics is the combustion engine” – Peter Sondergaard (Gartner Research)
- “Without data you are just another person with an opinion” – W. Edwards Demings – Data Scientist
Career in Decision Science
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, around 11.5 million jobs will be created by 2026. Earlier this year, PWC had predicted 2.7 million job postings for data science and analytics roles across the globe. A similar trend has also been observed in the domestic sector. Analytics Insight has forecast that by 2025, there will be 137,630 data science job openings in India, rising from 62,793 jobs in 2020. Analytics Insight also projected 72,337 data science job openings in India, next year.
The Two-year full-time PGDM course-curriculum is AICTE approved, NBA Accredited and AIU equivalent. The curriculum has been designed jointly by ISME and senior professionals in Mu-Sigma.
First year consists of one week of Orientation course, three terms of eleven weeks. Second year also consist of three terms, eleven week each. From Day 1 students will be spending time equally between ISME campus and Mu-Sigma campus. Students will be taught by both ISME faculty and senior professionals from Mu Sigma and also be part of live projects.
- Analytical Tools
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Data Management & Manipulation
- Business Analytics
- Data Visualization Tools
- Social Media Analytics
- Design Thinking
- Machine Learning
- Information and Cyber Security
- Digital Marketing
- People Analytics
* Courses offered are subject to modification, based on evolving placement opportunities.
- Business Strategy Game
- Creative leadership to Drive Change from Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore
- Exceptional Customer Service from Management Development Institute, Singapore
- POVAT(Placement Oriented Value- Added Term)
- Management Technique Review and Current Business Update
- Advanced Excel & Python
- Aptitude Training, Resume Review, GD’s & Mock Interviews
- Design Thinking
- Managerial and Professional program in every term
- Business Analytics Simulation Certification by Arthur Thompson, University of Alabama
- Six Sigma Green Belt – KPMG
*Courses offered are subject to modification, based on evolving placement opportunities.
Admission to the e-PGDM program at ISME is highly competitive. The Admissions team reviews applications on an individual basis looking at all aspects of an applicant’s professional and academic background. An elaborate selection process is followed to ensure quality enrolment.
- The admission eligibility qualification for the Programme shall be First Class (60%) in Class 12 of Science or Commerce major in combination with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science from any of the Board of Education recognised by the UGC/AIU/AICTE. Good performance in one of the Management Aptitude Tests. Work experience would be an important consideration for admission.
- The admission process – admission test, interview process – will be led by representatives from both ISME and Mu Sigma.
Stage 1: Complete Application Form (Online)
Every applicant seeking admission to ISME needs to complete the Application Form (https://admission.isme.in/pg)
Stage 2: Interview with ISME subject to meeting eligibility (Online/ Face to face)
Stage 3: Admission Letter from ISME on selection
Based on the review of the application, CAT/XAT/MAT/SNAP/Other scores and the recommendation of the interview panel, the admission committee invites selected students for admission to the program. Admitted candidates are sent the Admission Offer letter. The admission would be final only after the receipt of confirmation of Admission Acceptance form from the candidate and the payment of the registration fee.
Stage 4: Mu Sigma Aptitude Test
Stage 5: Payment of Admission Fee @ISME* (https://www.isme.in/admissions/fees)
Stage 6: Mu Sigma Interview
Stage 7: Mu Sigma Offer Letter