POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT (PGDM)
BUSINESS ANALYTICS – FULL TIME
The PGDM program in Business Analytics is a two-year full time course aimed at creating business analytics professionals employable by leading Indian and foreign firms. This program is designed for those who have an analytical mindset, are interested in tackling challenging business problems, and possess an inclination towards numbers. Some of the salient features of the program includes
- Industry Relevant Curriculum that build analytical foundation and industry oriented applications.
- Faculty pool consisting of leading academicians in the area of business analytics along with experienced industry professionals.
- Hands-on Training in tools and technologies such as Python / SAS, Tableau and R
- Blended Learning Environment (Classroom + Online) that causes minimal disruption to work schedule.
- Business analytics training in a particular industry sector of the students’ interest (CIS- Course of Independent Study)
- Continuous interaction with industry leaders throughout the course of the program.
The PGDM program in Business Analytics prepares students for the emerging Marketing and Risk Analytics industries after laying the foundation for the basic management courses. The Indian marketing analytics industry is expected to grow $1.2 billion in 2020 at a compounded annual growth rate of 25%. With a combination of industry-focused curricula, world-class infrastructure and a qualified, engaged faculty, graduates of the PGDM – Business Analytics program, at the end of the course will be able to:
- Understand the role of Business Analysts in strategic decision-making
- Develop hands-on skills on Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive and Cognitive Analytics
- Use advanced statistical tools to analyze complex problems under uncertainty
- Analyze the relationship between data, business processes and performance of an organization
- Use analytical skills in various verticals and industries.
- Build strong career opportunities as Business Analysts and Data Scientists.
Besides Business Analytics major, students will be able to have an additional minor specialization in Marketing, Finance, HR or Operations. Students also have the option to specialize in industry minors like: IT, Automobile, Telecom, Banking, E-commerce, Digital, Logistics, Analytics and more.
Course of Independent Study (CIS)
Offered in the second year in lieu of minor specialization leading to an industry specialization, CIS represents an opportunity for students to explore a topic in depth in a particular industry sector of his/her interest. It makes possible the integration of several fields of study and gain in-depth knowledge about their chosen sector.
- Business Communication
- Organizational Behavior
- Management Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Business Environment
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Methods in Management
- Research Methods
- Strategic Management
- Data Management using R
- Business Intelligence using Excel, SQL
- Building Dashboard using Tableau
- Business Analytics using R and Excel
- Predictive Analytics using Python
- Domain Application of Analytics
- Web and Social Media Analytics
- Capstone Project
Value Added COURSES
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Global Strategy Game – University of Alabama
- Business Law & Ethics
- Managerial Skills Development – Harvard Business School Publishing
- Innovation Management
- Logistics & Operations
The USP of the program is that it provides the student with a unique opportunity to develop himself/herself in the following areas:
- Quantitative techniques from basics to advanced.A wide variety of Analytics technologies.
- Qualitative research techniques and Design thinking approaches which help in identifying unique opportunity spaces and breakthrough solutions.
- An emphasis on Information design which helps transform data into very intuitive infographics and visual analytics solutions.
- A strong Business foundation – this offered in the form of foundation courses similar to other PGDM programs giving understanding of all functional areas of a Business as well as a range of specialization and value added courses and verticals which provide deeper insights into specific horizontal and industry specific issues – all of which is so important for interpretation of data.
- Industry engagement – ISME is known for its International approach and wide industry engagement – this is through guest speakers, visiting faculty and real life project challenges.
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from any recognized educational institution in Commerce, Management, Arts, Science, Engineering, Technology or equivalent with:
- Minimum of 70% in class 10th, 12th and graduation, or
- Minimum of 70 percentile in CAT and minimum of 60% in class 10th, 12th and graduation
Work experience would be an important consideration for admission.